Enjoy your Day Tour Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum Aswan. After pick up at your hotel, you will visit the Nubian Museum in Aswan, which houses monuments and artefacts from the long history of Nubian culture. You will then visit Kalabsha Temple, built in 30 BC on the site of a much older temple.
- > From : $75
- > Duration: 6 Hours
- > Tour Type: Private
- > Schedule: Daily
- Spend your day exploring 2 of the most important complexes in Nubia with the help of your private guide. You visit the Temple of Kalabsha, the largest freestanding temple in the region, and Nubian Museum, considered one of the most important museums featuring recovered relics from tombs and temples.
- Venture into the history of Egypt’s Nubia region and learn of the impact of the Aswan High Dam on the area. First, indulge in the views of the Nile as you take a motorboat to the ancient Temple of Kalabsha, set on the banks of Lake Nasser.The temple itself was built by the Roman emperor Octavius Augustus in 30 BC as a tribute to Mandulis (Merul), a Lower Nubian sun god.
- Explore the largest freestanding temple in Egyptian Nubia and admire a fine carving of Horus emerging from reeds on its inner curtain wall.Follow your guide, who shows you its most remarkable carvings and features, and see why the temple is considered one of the most complete in the region. Then, visit the International Museum of Nubia, a result of UNESCO’s initiative to preserve artifacts from the area’s history.
- The museum was built in order to provide an exhibition space for materials recovered from tombs, temples, and settlements, as Egyptologists and archaeologists feared that rising waters from the High Dam would submerge the remnants of Egyptian Nubia.
- The Nubia Museum opened in 1997, and is a winner of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture.
- • Pick up service from your hotel in Aswan and return.
- • Professional English-speaking Egyptologist guide.
- • All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle.
- • Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places.
- • Bottled water during your trip .
- • All Service charges & taxes.
- • Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary.
- • Personal Spending.
- • Tipping.
Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person per trip except during Christmas, New Year & Easter holidays.
- > $121 Per Person
- > $99 Per Person For 2 Persons
- > $91 Per Person For 3 Persons
- > $87 Per Person For 4 Persons
- > $80 Per Person For 5 Persons
- > $75 Per Person For 6 Persons
- > 0 – 01.99 Free of Charge.
- > 6 – 11.99 pay 50% of tour price.
- > 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person.
Available way of payment:
Paying through our secure online gate payment (Pay-fort) one of amazon’s companies, fully secured system.
If you wish to pay via bank transfer please send us an email to email@example.com
Once we receive your payment your trip will be automatically confirmed.
Free cancellation two weeks prior your arrival time.
Any time of cancellation during the 12 days before your trip starts, 40% of your total payment will be nonrefundable.
One week before the trip starting the amount you will pay is nonrefundable. In case you are not happy with our services and we didn’t deliver it the way it should be, fragmentary amount will be refunded.
Best price grantee policy
In case you will find other cheaper travel agency, please consider:
1- Date of arrival and departure
2- Same accommodation stander
3- Same historical sightseeing
4- Transportation type
5- Same includes and excludes
6- If the other travel agency includes 24 hour tour leader service.
If you can provide us all this evidence, we will gladly make you 50$ cheaper than what you found.
Safety & Security
We strongly recommend the use of a neck wallet or money belt while travelling, for the safe keeping of your passport, air tickets, cash and other valuable items. In case of going to your activity please keep your valuable stuff with you not to leave them in your car, please leave them in your safe box in your hotel. Your personal belongs it’s your full responsibility. Please make sure to not listen or accept any invitation for a drink or so from a stranger in the street, it’s always end up with a problem, have fun with your travel mates and your local friends. In case you would like to buy something or make shopping please get the best advice from your group leader or tour guide to avoid any misunderstanding.
Bob Marley Travels are not responsible for your travel insurance, please make sure that you arrange your insurance before you start your travel.
Activities out of your program
Please contact your local guide for more information on available tours and excursions to make sure you are in a safe hands and having always the straight word. no heading cost and no extra charge because you might meet street scammers and offer you cheaper prices, but then you will always find a tricky and aggressive way and most of the time they take from you more money, this can end up having unhappy experience in Egypt and our aim is to make our guest happy and satisfied.
Trip walking or driving distance
Please be aware that there are long driving hours on this tour. You can refer to the trip overview for more information on estimated travel times. Please note that any times mentioned are approximations only to give you an idea of the journey lengths and the actual time taken will depend on public transport timetables and road conditions. A mix of private and public transport is used throughout this trip, prepare yourself for some fun long rides.
We recommend you to carry on your pocket daily from 20 to 50 USD or what equals in EGP, depends on your personal needs, please consider your own spending habits when it comes to allowing for drinks, shopping and tipping, please also remember the following specific recommendations when planning your trip, also many places in Egypt are not accepting credit card but only in cash.
Eating is a big part of traveling fun and get to know country’s culture. Travelling with Bob Marley Travels will experience a lot of different local type of food which we include everyday lunch in your program with variety of different local meals. Most of the time dinner are not included which we give you more flexibility in deciding what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more flexibility in your budget, the food generally is cheap in Egypt. Our groups tend to eat together to let you enjoy each other’s company. Your tour leader will be able to suggest the best of all restaurants during your trip.
Please make sure to attach your passport copy with your final confirmation in order to book the flight tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure. Domestic carriers for internal flights in Egypt will be Egypt Air or Nile Air. Flight information will not be available until a couple of days prior to the tour departure. Contact us for more details on your flights. The domestic flight maximum weight allowance is 20 kg.
Tipping in Egypt known as “baksheesh” is a way of life in the Middle East. Locals themselves usually tip who provides them with service. It is customary and even expected to tip small service providers. To make things as easy as possible and avoid hassling, Bob Marley Travels has developed a tipping attitude where your tour leader will collect a contribution from everybody at the start of your tour and use this to tip anybody who has provided services to the group as a whole. A guideline for tipping is minimum $4 USD per day per person, you can pay in USD or the equivalent local currency (preferably local currency). If you feel that any service provider failed in maintaining or delivering good service, please bring it immediately to the attention of your tour leader to be able to improve our service partners and so a deduction of tips can take place. To not confuse you how much to tip the Tour Guide so we suggest you tip minimum 3$ per person per day, and at the end of the day it’s not a mandatory option.
Your tour leader is 24 hours with you if there’s anything you are not happy about, please let him/her know immediately. If you have an issue with the tour leader himself please call our emergency number 24/7 service. After you get back home safely, we would appreciate very much hearing from you! Your feedback is so important to us to be able to improve our service’s quality to the next friend or family member with Bob Marley Travels. Please take a few moments giving us your feedback and help other travelers with your experience through our website, just by sending us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what to improve in which point.